How to tell the difference between good and bad hemp oil?
The Polish hemp products market is growing at a dizzying pace. Growing customer awareness, but also general interest in alternative treatment methods make the number of manufacturers of such products grow rapidly every month. We are aware of the fact that for a person who has never had any contact with the subject before, the purchase of a product turns out to be quite challenging. Different price levels, forms, flavours, concentrations – it’s easy to get lost, so today we’ve prepared a practical guide for you on how to recognise good hemp oil. Find out what you need to pay attention to in order to enjoy its full potential.
Table of Contents
Colour and consistency
Let us start with purely physical aspects, which almost immediately allow us to determine whether we are dealing with real or slightly falsified CBD hemp oil.
What should good CBD hemp oil look like?
- Its colour should range from dark green, through dark brown, to almost black,
- It must have a characteristic hemp scent,
- It should be liquid,
- Its consistency needs to be a little greasy,
- Hemp oil should be thicker than water,
- It needs to be enclosed in a dark, airtight, glass container.
Method of extraction
The process of obtaining hemp oil is called extraction and you should pay attention to it when making a decision to buy a product. At the moment, there are several methods of oil extraction on the market, so it is worth remembering this important information in order to be able to make the right and the best choice for you.
What extraction methods are available on the market?
- A method of supercritical extraction of CO2,
- Extraction with the use of solvents, e.g. alcohol or butane,
- Extraction method using dry ice,
- Extraction with the use of olive oil.
Despite such diversity, only one of the above-mentioned methods ensures that the best biological quality is maintained, without compromising the properties of hemp, which is extremely important from the perspective of the treatment process. We are, of course, referring to the method of supercritical CO2 extraction, which we use for our products. We’ve decided to use it, because it does not interfere with the biological composition of hemp and allows us to keep absolutely all of its advantages.
It is the most cutting-edge and the most advanced extraction method on the market, therefore it is an indispensable element of our manufacturing process.
Certificate and approval
An extremely important part of our work is a quality guarantee and your sense of security, and that’s why we attach great importance to documenting it with appropriate tests. It is important that every product undergoes appropriate testing – only in this way can we prove its impeccable quality. We are dealing here with a product with a therapeutic effect, which is why we do not allow ourselves any derogations in this respect.
You should know that obtaining product approvals and certificates is a very long and costly process, which we undertake in cooperation with independent laboratories. These are special, objective institutions, which conduct detailed research on the product in order to subsequently issue an appropriate document confirming its quality and biological composition.
What features should a product certificate meet?
- It should contain details on the level of cannabinoids,
- It needs to precisely determine the concentration level of cannabinoids expressed as a percentage,
- It must be issued by an institute independent of a given brand,
- The documentation should be signed by a person carrying out the analysis,
- It should be published on the manufacturer’s website, be a non-confidential document which the customer can access without any difficulties.
We know very well that the financial aspect is extremely important and each of you is looking for the best possible solution for yourself. Unfortunately, a price far below the market average should raise concerns. This may be a sign that one of the essential elements we have already mentioned is missing in the entire process of oil production. What should you remember?
Why is CBD hemp oil much cheaper?
- The product may have not been tested by an independent laboratory and is not certified,
- Hemp oil is obtained with the use of one of cheaper methods of extraction,
- The product does not have a full therapeutic effect, because it has lost its properties during the treatment process,
- Hemp oil has a strange consistency, scent and colour,
- You’re dealing with isolate,
- The product contains alcohol, which causes chlorophyll precipitation,
- Hemp is not grown organically.
Manufacturer and opinions
There is nothing more valuable for us than the opinions of our Customers. The opinions of our Customers are available both on our Facebook page and in special videos they decided to record for us. This is an invaluable benefit both for us as a manufacturer and for those of you who are just about to make a purchase decision.
With the growth of the hemp market and a growing demand for hemp products, a large number of different manufacturers emerge. All according to the principle: if there is demand, there is supply – on the market, there is a huge crop of newer and newer brands offering hemp products, including oil. Here, too, we encourage you to show some caution. So, check the opinions about a given brand and make sure that the manufacturer is not trying to hide anything.
In its biological composition, true hemp has more than 80 different cannabinoids! Each of them performs a specific function, so it’s very important to check whether the hemp oil in question has a full spectrum of those cannabinoids, before buying it.
If you come across information that the product contains only CBD, you need to be aware that it has been isolated from other cannabinoids, and this is already a direct intervention, triggering a reduction of the product’s therapeutic effect.
What’s an isolate?
Let us stop for a moment on the question of isolates, i.e. products that do not have such good properties as natural CBD hemp oil, because they lack the full spectrum of cannabinoids.
- The therapeutic value of an isolate is reduced,
- It contains only one CBD cannabinoid,
- An isolate has no flavour or scent, because it does not contain terpenes,
- It is a product intended for people who, for some reason, cannot take the full spectrum of cannabinoids.
Therefore, it is worth choosing those oils which, apart from CBD, contain the full spectrum of cannabinoids (e.g. CBDa, CBG, CBD, CBD, THC, THCa) – only such oils exhibit full health-promoting properties and allow you to enjoy the effectiveness of the treatment.
Good hemp oil – six principles of a conscious choice
All we have written about will make it easier for you to make the right choice. Unfortunately, at present the market is full of poor-quality products and manufacturers who are only waiting for customers without sufficient knowledge. Our goal is to protect you from that, so we meet all the conditions described above. Full and reliable information can be found directly on our website and we are looking forward to receiving your calls or e-mails. We will be happy to help you choose the right product, to save your time. Trust us – everything we do, we do with you in mind.